Gifts of Stocks and Bonds
Donating appreciated securities, including stocks or bonds, is an easy and tax-effective way for you to make a gift to Greater Minneapolis Crisis Nursery.
Benefits of gifts of stocks and bonds
- Avoid paying capital gains tax on the sale of appreciated stock
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction
- Further our mission today
Instructions for making a stock gift:
- Notify us about your gift of securities at (612) 767 8461
- Complete and sign stock transfer form and give to your broker.
- Ask your broker to attach your name to the transaction description so we know the gift is from you.
- Stock Gift Transfer Contact
- Lori Thureson, Riskevich/Warpinski Team, Morgan Stanley
- (952) 475-4322 email@example.com
- Morgan Stanley Wealth Management: 445 East Lake Street Suite 320 Wayzata, MN 55391
- Delivery Information:
- DTC #0015
- Firm name: Morgan Stanley
- Account: 319-105890-721
- Name: Minneapolis Crisis Nursery, Inc.
- Request your broker put the donor's name on the transfer
More on gifts of stocks and bonds
There are special rules for valuing a gift of stock. The value of a charitable gift of stock is determined by taking the mean between the high and low stock price on the date of the gift. Mutual fund shares are valued using the closing price for the fund on the date of the gift.
If you have any questions about gifts of stocks and bonds, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions that you have.